- Remove combustion air blower and take motor out of motor support housing.
- Remove cover from motor housing.
- Unsolder carbon brush from terminal tab. Bend up tongue on brush holder and take out spring and brush.
Dirty laminations should be cleaned with a clean cloth moistened with gasoline. If the commutator is burnt, replace the complete pole housing and armature.
- Insert carbon brushes into brush holder, route contact pigtail through slot in brush holder to terminal tab and solder. Insert spring and bend tongue over.
- Assemble motor, insert into motor support housing and reinstall combustion air blower.