Temperature regulating switch¶
Temperature regulating switch Part No. 411 963 107 A is no longer available. This switch was installed in vehicles from Chassis No. 411 2 000 001 to 412 2 100 000.
If wiring is changed as shown in this bulletin you may replace switch Part No. 411 963 107 A with Part No. 411 963 107 C (from model year 1973 - see Workshop Bulletin F of 4 September 1972).
- find 8 point connector underneath left side of dashboard
- cut wire from temperature regulating switch terminal 58 b to light switch terminal 58. Be sure to cut wire about 4 inches from connector.4 inches from connector.
- extend cut end of wire and connect from regulating switch to 0.5 sq.mm. blue/red wire in 8 point connector T 8ato 0.5 sq.mm. blue/red wire in 8 point connector T 8a
- insulate cut off end of wire to light switch
- connect temperature regulating switch terminal 31 andbrown/white wire of 8 point connector T 8a with a 6 inch piece of 0.5 sq.mm. wire.piece of 0.5 sq.mm. wire.
When temperature regulating switch Part No. 411 963 107 C is installed it will only light up when heater is turned on. New switch will not have bright/dim operation as old switch did.