- Disconnect battery ground strap.
- With a 12 mm open end wrench unscrew union nut (arrow) and pull thermo switch and cap out with a turning movement. If necessary, use a suitable solvent to release it.
- Take cap off thermo switch and disconnect cables.
- Install new double taper ring onto sensor tube. The distance between union nut and switch housing (a) should be adjusted to 0.31” (8 mm). Ensure that the sensor tube is not bent.
- Connect cable according to wiring diagram and install cap.
- Insert thermo switch into adapter and secure. Ensure that thermo switch seal in casing is correctly positioned. Maintain gap of 0.31” (8 mm).
- Connect battery ground strap and check heater operation. (Pay attention to run-on.)