Component removal and installation¶
- Disconnect battery ground strap.
- Remove rear left coil spring and shock absorber.
- Detach warm air hoses and exhaust pipe from heater.
- Disconnect heater cable harness at relay and pull through into space above transmission.
- Detach fuel hose at connection and close with plug. (Catch escaping fuel.)
- Remove four nuts and lock-washers from the welded-on brackets on luggage compartment floor, lift heater and bonded rubber mountings and take out toward left.
- First insert heater and bonded rubber mountings into front and then into rear brackets on luggage compartment floor. Secure with lock washers and nuts.
- Reattach fuel hose.
- Connect cables and secure exhaust pipe and warm air hoses to heater. Ensure rubber hoses (not illustrated) seal properly.
- Reinstall coil spring and shock absorber.
- Connect battery ground strap and check operation of heater.